Day 28 – Have you ever collaborated with anyone else, whether vidding together, or having an artist or writer work on a piece about your vid? xandra_ptv
and I did four Multifandom projects together - and it was crazily awesome. I did expect much more technical hassle, because I know that Xandra and I have different ways to set up projects and was so surprised that it was much easier to melt the pieces together. Again the magic lies in avisynth for me. The vidding process itself was a blast, we didn't went into it with detailed plans and so it felt very organic to react to new drafts and pick up ideas Xandra laid out. And it was the first time I did actual speed vidding besides one 48hours-challenge with charmax
, just to keep up. I had a nagging voice in the back of my mind and on IM that if I wouldn't deliver my drafts, Xandra would steamroll over my parts and take over.
The Multifandom aspect really helped me in with the speed, because I could use iconic scenes left and right without the need to search for more obscure scenes. So I often did stick with the first idea that came to mind for a lyric. So three of the four vids were done very quickly for my usual snail pace back then and 'Those Days' just fucked me over. I suddenly draw a blank in the middle of vidding. I kept coming back to it every few months and watch our drafts and loved what we had so far, but I couldn't come up with where to go next with my part. And then along came a few new shows that had fascinating sibling pairings, so it all ended well.
We will do more themes - we actually had too many after the last project and not the patience to decide on a song. Men in chains, scar fetish, mentor relationships, dark/light, threesomes, just to name a few. Yes, we love fandom tropes. Day 29 – What is your current project or projects?
I have a dozen set up in subfolders in my project folder. I have over 40 songs in my 'To vid or not to vid' folder. Xandra and me have shared what feels like thousands of vid ideas. So the current projects that I want to finish are:
1. The X Files Season Challenge with Xandra (if we are ever crazy enough to do the Reverse X Files Season Challenge it has to wait - a few years)
2. The Sam/Ruby/Dean vid I lost the project in a crash and started to recover, even when it now does go into a different direction then the last draft Xandra saved from me.
3. The Vampire Diaries - Damon/Stefan. Nothing more than bare bones laid out from 'Those Days', but yeah, me likesSo the current projects that I want to start are:
1.1 With all the refreshed XF-knowledge pick up the project laying on my hard drive for years - because it's a fucking cool concept
1.2 Make that damn Scully vid anyway
1.3 Mulder/Scully/Krycek - C'mon, it can't be that hard.
1.4 Comedy vid - Seriously.
2. The Same Song/Same Fandom Challenge with Xandra
3. Another Remix-Challenge with Xandra
4. Festivid pinch hit
5. Get another vid scratched from my To-Do-List from back then
6. Multifandom vids with Xandra (Lots and lots of them)
7. Vid against a song - hard
8. Vid literal with a song - so fucking hard
9. Make another German song into a vid
10. Do a movie vid